- About: Sculptra butt lift uses Sculptra to stimulate collagen production in the deeper layers of your skin. Sculptra is an injectable dermal filler that has been around since 1999. The main ingredient in Sculptra is poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA). It’s classified as a collagen stimulator that provides long-lasting, natural-looking results that can last up to two years.
- Safety: This procedure doesn’t carry a high risk of scarring, but there is a small risk of infection.
- Convenience: A Sculptra butt lift can be done quickly in your provider’s office. Finding a licensed, trained provider who can give you this treatment is the most important part of this process.
- Cost: Costs vary according to how much volume you want to add during your butt lift. It may cost anywhere from $4,000 to $7,000. At Rainforest Med Spa, we recommend 1 – 2 vials per butt cheek to start. A follow up visit is recommended at 6 weeks. We charge $750 per vial.
- Efficacy: Many are happy with this treatment and say it’s a low-risk way to get a significantly rounder and more perky buttocks.
What is it?
It’s natural for weight loss, aging, and pregnancy to decrease your butt’s natural pert and plumpness.This treatment is a minimally invasive, low-risk, nonsurgical option that can enhance the curve and shape of your butt. Sculptra is a type of dermal filler, so in order to get this treatment, you have to be healthy enough to get dermal fillers. If you don’t smoke, are physically healthy, and have realistic goals for the results of this procedure, you may be a candidate for a Sculptra butt lift.
How does a Sculptra butt lift work?
A Sculptra butt lift works differently than other kinds of dermal fillers. Instead of adding volume outright the way that hyaluronic acid ingredients would, Sculptra injects something called poly-L-lactic acid into your dermal layers. This substance works to kick-start your body’s natural collagen production mechanism.
Since collagen is the protein that gives your skin its structure and shape, Sculptra injections fill out the area under your butt with a curved shape that looks natural and fits with your body type.The building of collagen takes several weeks to months. This means you’ll likely need several injections to see improvement in volume and shape.
Procedure for a Sculptra butt lift
Your provider or an assistant will swab the area of your injection with alcohol to sterilize it and reduce the risk of infection. Depending on your preference and your provider’s recommendation, you may have an anesthetic applied topically to your butt to reduce any discomfort you feel during the injection. The injection process itself will only take a few moments as your provider uses sterilized equipment to inject Sculptra into your buttocks. You are clear to drive immediately afterwards.
Are there any risks or side effects?
There are some risks and side effects of this procedure. Severe side effects and complications from dermal fillers are uncommon. After a Sculptra butt lift, you may notice:
- bruising or redness
- asymmetrical results
- lumps or bumps that may smooth out over time
- bleeding at the injection site
- temporary acne breakouts at the injection site
- rash or itching
Some people develop bruising at the injection site or nodules under their skin after getting a Sculptra injection. According to a 2015 study, 7 to 9 percent of people may experience nodules.
In some cases, dermal fillers can cause infection. Contact your provider and seek emergency medical assistance if you notice any of the following:
- green or yellow drainage at the site of your injections
- elevated temperature